Home | Contact Us

Saturday, April 19, 2014
 

Cowles History

The Cowles name has long been associated with worldwide leadership in the design, manufacture, and support of precision slitting knives and spacers, tooling, and shear and scrap chopping blades used in flat rolled metal processing operations.

 

 

Established in 1917 in Cleveland, Ohio, the Cowles Tool Company began operations as a milling cutter manufacturer.  Shortly thereafter, the company was approached by another local company who asked them to make a square-edge knife for one of their lines.  Cowles has been making slitter tooling ever since.

 

The Cowles Tool Company was located on West 106th Street in Cleveland until 1968, when they moved to a larger facility just a few blocks away on West 114th Street.  The Cowles Tool Company remained at that location until the company was relocated in 2000 to its present 36,000 square foot location in Canfield, Ohio, just southwest of Youngstown.

 

 

Today, Advetech features a complete product line of Cowles brand tooling, including custom designed shimless tooling packages, precision slitting knives and spacers, shear blades and scrap chopper knives, Carswin Advantage™ setup software and on-site training and technical assistance.

 



Quick Links

>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
PIC


Advetech, Inc.
PO Box 613
445 West Main Street
Canfield, OH 44406

P:
 330-533-1304
F: 330-533-5740
info@advetech.com